Education Loan -Oriental Bank Of Commerce
For higher education after schooling.
Items Eligible for Finance
Admission fee/Monthly fee/Examination fee, Books, Stationery & equipments,
Air fare for joining the course abroad, Boarding & lodging expenses of hostel/boarding houses, where charges are standardized and paid to the Management of the Boarding House. Any other expenses required to complete the course like study tours, project work, thesis etc.
Indian nationals not above 45 years of age those who secured admission in a recognized course of an approved university (AICTE approved institutions) OR institutes recognized by a statutory body.
Amount of Loan:
For Category A list of institutes: Rs. 10 lacs
For Category B list of institutes: Rs. 25 lacs
For Loans upto Rs.4.00 lac
- No Collateral Security
- Co-obligation of parents/guardian is must.
For Loans above 4 lacs and upto Rs.7.50 lacs
- No Collateral Security required,
- Co-obligation of parents/guardian is must
- One satisfactory third party guarantee
Read: Education loans in India
Above Rs.7.50 lacs
- Co-obligation of parents/guardian is obligatory.
- Mortgage of immovable property or any other tangible security like pledge of NSC/UTI/LIC (Surrender Value)/Bonds/
- Banks deposits (Except under tax saving scheme) etc. . having value at least equal to 100% of loan. Extension of charge on property already mortgaged with our Bank, subject to adequate residual value of security.
- Upto 4 lacs - NIL
- Above 4 lacs for education in India - 5%
- Education Abroad - 15%
Rate of Interest
For Loan upto Rs. 4.00 Lacs
- PLR - 1.25 = 10.75 % per annum
For Loan above Rs. 4.00 Lacs
- PLR - 0.50 = 11.50 % per annum
(0.50% concession in interest for girl student)
The minimum interest on education loans after allowing all concessions, which includes 0.50 concession to girl shall not fall below 10.50% p.a. (for male students) and 10.25% (for female students)
Concession on Rate of Interest :
Simple Interest shall be charged during study and moratorium period. The concession of 1% in rate of interest to be allowed, if interest is serviced regularly during the study and moratorium period. This concession shall be allowed after expiry of moratorium.
0.50% concession to women beneficiaries, SC/STs and disabled students.
Upto 4 lacs - Rs. 100/-.
Above 4 lacs for education in India - Rs. 500/-
Education Abroad - Rs. 1000/-
To know more in details, read here
Within 84 EMIs commencing 12 months after course or 6 months after getting the job, whichever is earlier.
Free Personal Accident Insurance upto Rs.20 lac.
Help Line No- 1800-180-1235, 0124-2340940
For unresolved queries- 011-25718132
For details on Education Loans offered by the Oriental Bank of Commerce