Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab was established at Patiala in the year 2006 by the State Legislature by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Act, 2006. RGNUL is an autonomous body, governed by its own Statutory Councils. The University has a democratic administrative system and the faculty has an effective participation in the formulation and implementation of the University policies and programmes.Course and EligibilityProgram: B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
The Admission shall be based exclusively on the performance in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). However, to qualify for admission the candidate:
- Must have passed 10 2 examination of the Punjab School Education Board or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks for General Category and 45% marks for SC/ST/Person with disability in the aggregate.
- He/she must not have completed 20 years of age as on 1st July of the year of admission. In the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST the age limit will be 22 years as on 1st July.
: The intake capacity of B.A., LL.B.(Hons.) degree programme shall be 80 with following breakup:
- General Category 46 Seats
- Schedule Castes 12 Seats
- Schedule Tribes 06 Seats
- Persons with Disability 02
- Punjab Residents 08 Seats
- Ancestral Residents of Village Sidhuwal, District Patiala 01 Seat
- Foreign Nationals 05 Seats
A candidate should have secured a LL.B. degree or its equivalent from a recognized University, having obtained not less than 50% marks in the aggregate. Candidates in the final year of their LL.B. course can also apply but their admission would be confirmed only after they submit LL.B. results with the required 50% marks in aggregate.
The RMLNLU follows a semester system where under the academic year is divided into two parts and six subjects are taught in each semester. As a result, a student would have studied sixty subjects when he/she completes the five year course (B.A., LL.B.). The wide spread of subjects helps a student to acquire extensive and intensive knowledge of the legal systemCourse Pattern
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law follows semester system under which an academic year is divided into two parts and five or six subjects are taught in each semester. Contact
Mohindra Kothi, Fountain Chowk,
The Mall, Patiala – 147001 (PUNJAB)
E-mail: [email protected]
Web URL: www.rgnulpatiala.org
Tel: 0175-2304188, 2304491, 2221002