IOCL Scholarship 2016
As of June, 2016, IndianOil is offering 2600 academic scholarships for students pursuing a variety of courses. Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL) scholarships are available for 10+/ITI, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Master of Business Administration (MBA) and engineering students on a basis of merit cum means.
"IndianOil Merit Scholarships Scheme" for 10+/ ITI studies
Out of the total 2,600 scholarships, 2,000 scholarships are allotted for 10+/industrial training institute (ITI) students. These are distributed state-wise and are worth Rs. 1,000 per month for two years.
The distribution of the 2,000 10+/ITI scholarships is based on how many students appeared for the class 10 exams in 2016 - 2017. Equal distribution is given to each state.
“IndianOil Scholarships Scheme” for Graduate and Post-Graduate studies
There are 300 engineering and 200 MBBS four-year scholarships available. These are expected to be worth Rs. 3,000 per month, while MBA scholarships (100 available) are worth Rs. 3,000 per month for two years. The scholarship scheme includes reservations for female candidates and persons with disabilities.
Scholarships for professional courses (engineering, MBA and MBBS) are distributed zone-wise (north, south, east and west) based on how many students were in class 12 during 2016 to 2017.
Scholarships are available in the following streams:
The scholarship scheme in detail is given below:
Duration for which scholarship will be awarded (i.e. minimum duration of course)
No: of scholarships
Minimum Eligibility marks in Qualifying Exam
Scholarship amount per month
SC/ ST/ OBC/ Girls
Candidates qualifying in the merit list of any of these applicable courses (i.e. among top 10 in 10+ or top 3 in graduate/post-graduate) will get an additional prize amount of Rs. 10,000. Toppers will be invited at IOCL’s cost for receiving the amount.
You may be eligible for the scholarships if you meet the following criteria:
- You should be at least 15 years and maximum 30 years old as on 1 July, 2016. Candidates born between 1 July, 1986 and 1 July, 2001 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply. However, there is a relaxation in the upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates, by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
- Pursuing full-time or regular courses in the above streams. Correspondence and distance-mode students are not eligible
- Enrolled in a college, school, institution or university recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), a state education board, state government, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Council of Secondary Education (ICSE), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Association of Indian Universities or the central government
- Undergraduate stream (MBBS/ B.Tech): You should be a first-year full-time student in degree course
- Management stream (MBA): You should be studying in two-year full-time or regular course in management or business administration recognized by a state government, central government or Association of Indian Universities
- 10+/ITI stream: 11th standard student in first year of a two-year ITI course.
- Family income of less than rupees one lakh (see below).
Minimum marks are also required, though these vary by stream and category.
To be eligible for an IOCL scholarship, gross joint income of the family of the candidate from all sources in a financial year should not exceed Rs. 1,00,000 (rupees one lakh). Preference is given to candidates with a family income of Rs. 60,000 or less.
IOCL Scholarship Application form 2016
You may apply online if you are a first-year engineering, MBBS or MBA student, 11th standard student or first-year ITI student (in a two-year course). The application is available through the IndianOil website at iocl.com. Click here to apply online.
All important documents along with the print out of the online application form must reach the given address before or on 15 October, 2016.
Sify Technologies Limited
(IOCL ESS I-TEST DIVISION)
Plot No B 7, Sector-132,
Noida-201301 (Uttar Pradesh)
(Landmark : Next to Naukri.com office)
Phone: 9810421827 / 9810422305
e-Mail : [email protected]
Online application is available in the month of July, 2016.
Last date for applications is in the month of October, 2016.
The Award of IOCL Scholarship in the month of November, 2016.
Candidates can get their results on website in the month of November, 2016.
The Selected Candidates list would be released in the month of November, 2016.
For more details visit: https://www.iocl.com/Aboutus/Scholarships.aspx