Applicants, who are willing to obey the Law of China and rules of concerned university, can write to overseas students Office of the International Exchange Division and present the following materials:
- The completed “Application Form�? which can be downloaded from university websites.
- Record of education and school reports (copies are acceptable)
- Copies of passport
- Health Certificates from a public hospital
- Two recommendation letters (for postgraduates only)
- Generally an application fee which ranges between US$15 or higher.
- Time for application: Application time is from April to July every year for the students studying for degree programmes. There is no time limitation for the advanced and language-learning students.
Major Chinese bodies and their Functions for Foreign Students Affairs
- China Service Center for Scholarly Exchanges
This body provides consultation and other kinds of services to foreign students who plan to study in China.
- The State Education Department
The department of State Education formulates basic principles, policies, regulations and measures for the work concerning nationwide foreign students’ affairs.
- Universities and Colleges
Universities and colleges accepting foreign students usually have special Foreign Students Agents, dealing with foreign students’ enrollment applications enrollment registrations, courses, administrations, consultation and daily services.
- Provincial education commissions
Provincial education commissions undertake drawing foreign student’s principle, policy, regulation and methods for each own jurisdiction. Under each provincial, education commission is set up a special organization in charge of coordinating foreign students affairs within its own jurisdiction and providing advices and other kinds of services.