The NCERT undertakes publishing work and publishes textbooks too for students studying in classes from I to XII std. on various subjects. The textbooks are published in three different languages-English, Hindi and Urdu.
Lately, the educational body has started a new initiative of making its textbooks available on the internet for the benefit of teachers and students. But it has not covered all the classes.Online textbooks are available for only 5 classes- I, III, IV, IX and XI. All these textbooks are based on the National Curriculum Framework 2005.
The educational body has a special manual too on ‘Inclusive Education’ whose objective is to guide and emphasise schools for inclusion of special need students into the mainstream education.Nodal and Focal Centers
One nodal centre and 14 focal centres have also been constituted by the body, which work in the area of girl’s education, capacity building and empowerment. The Department of Women Studies (DWS) acts as a nodal centre for the network while fourteen organizations work as focal centre. These are:
- Dr. Ambedkar Dalithavarga, Abhivruddi Sangam, Cuddapah, Andhra Pradesh
- Sneha Educational Society, Kodad, District Nalgonda, Andhra Pradesh
- Krishna Sai Educational Society, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
- College of Teacher Education, AndhraMahila Sabha, Durgabai Deshmukh Vidapeetham, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Shri Gayatri Vikas Mandal, Bharuch, Gujarat
- Amine Shariat Education Trust, Dhrol, Jamnagar, Gujarat
- Loyala College of Social Science, Loyala Education Service Centre, Thiruvanthapuram, Kerala
- Stree Mukti Sanghatana, Dadar-E, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Mahilaseva Mandal Mahila Ashram, Wardha, Maharashtra
- Manab Seva Sadan (MASS), Dhenkanal, Orissa
- Institute of Self Employment and RuralDevelopment, District Puri, Orissa
- C.P.Ramaswami Aiyar Foundation, 1 Eldams Road, Alwarpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Centre for Women’sStudies and Development, Faculty of Social Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Centre for Women’sStudies and Development, Punjab University, Chandigarh.