Dena Bank Probationary Officer (P.O.) Exam
Dena Bank recruits probationary officers and deputes them in several of its branches across the country in Junior Management Grade / Scale - I. Dena bank invites applications from candidates who have qualified in the IBPS Bank PO common written exam and possess valid IBPS score cards. The mode of application is online, and after filling the application form candidates have to pay the application fee via challan/NEFT and retain its copy at the time of interview. The candidates are also advised to retain a printout of the application form they have submitted and produce it at the time of interview, if shortlisted. The candidates should look for recruitment related announcement in the recruitment section of its official website www.denabank.com.
The salary scale of Dena Bank probationary officers is Rs 14,500 - Rs 25,700. In addition to this, the employees also get extra benefits viz. DA, CCA, HRA and health benefits as per rules and place of posting. Notification regarding Dena Bank vacancy 2015 would be published in its official website website anytime; candidates are advised to visit the website and its recruitment section regularly to get the latest updates. The bank calls for applications from the shortlisted candidates who appeared in the IBPS Bank PO written exam for personal interview. Based on the overall score of the Written Exam and Personal interview, the candidates are selected to join the PO service in the bank.
Also read: SBI PO exam details
- The candidate should be a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan.
- The candidate should possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification.
- The candidates should possess valid IBPS score with minimum marks in the CWE (Common Written Exam) as decided by the bank for different categories (General/SC/ST/OBC/PWD) in particular subjects and TWS (Total Weighted Standard Score).
Note - Computer proficiency is required. Before joining the bank as a PO, the candidate should acquire basic computer operational skills viz. Windows, MS-office/Lotus Smart Suite, Internet operations and email skills. A certificate is required to be submitted in this regard that is acceptable to the bank and involves at least 60 hours of study.
Name of the Posts
Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I Posts
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance (PGD-B&F) through ‘Amity University’
Starting date to apply
18th April 2017
Last date to apply
9th May 2017
Online Examination (Objective and Descriptive)
11th June 2017 (Tentative)
Also Read: Life of a bank PO
|1.||SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 50 (intimation charges only)|
|2.||General and others||Rs. 400 (Application fees including intimation charges)|
- In order to apply online for Dena Bank PO PGDBF course, the candidates have to apply online
- Online registration by the candidates can be made through Bank's official website
- After registration candidates are required to pay the required application fee online with the help of debit card/ credit card/Internet Banking.
Dena Bank P.O. Selection Procedure
- Interview - Candidates would be called for interview in the order of merit of their IBPS core card in the ratio as decided by the bank (with a view of the minimum criteria of 1:4 (1:5 in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD).
- The bank reserves the right to change the selection procedure and include Group Discussions and/or interview. If included, Group Discussions would be of qualifying nature prior to the interview round. Total marks for Group Discussions would be 50, and the minimum qualifying marks for general candidates would be 40% and for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates it would be 35%. Those candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks in the Group Discussions would be called for interview. The marks obtained in the GD would not be considered for preparing the merit list of the candidates. Notification in this regard would be published in the official website of Dena Bank in the recruitment section and not intimated to the candidates individually. Therefore, candidates are requested to keep in touch with the bank's official website at least till all the recruitment proceedings get over.
- The interview would be of 100 marks. The minimum qualifying marks in the interview would be 40 % for general candidates and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates. Interview marks would be considered for preparing the merit list. The candidates not securing the minimum qualifying marks in the interview would not be considered for final selection.
- The personal interview would be held in a number of centers across the country, and the bank reserves the right to allot any of the centers to a candidate and reschedule or change the venue of the interview if required.
- The intimation with respect to the interview would be sent to the eligible candidates through email and SMS at the email id and mobile number respectively given by the candidate during the filling of online application and it can also be downloaded from the Bank's website. No other mode of communication with respect to the interview process would be followed other than those mentioned above.
- A brief description about your background can be asked. You should be ready to tell something about your family, your previous education and your experiences.
- As you are choosing the banking sector as your career, you should have a fair deal of fundamental knowledge with respect to working of a bank, banking terms and terminologies viz. loans, credits and debits etc.
- Be prepared with current news and events.
- When asked about your strength and weakness. Answer smartly emphasizing on your strengths and what you can do to curtail your weaknesses.
- Show that you would prove useful to the bank.
- Be prepared with obvious questions such as why are you interested in a banking job.
- Try to be clear and concise in your replies rather than roaming around the topic.