Common to Electrical, Mechanical and Civil Engineering Courses of B.E. Admission Test.
Mathematics: Algebra; Trigonometry; Coordinate Geometry; Calculus; Differential Equations; Vectors
Physics: Heating & Chemical effects of current; Thermoelectric effects; SHM, Velocity, acceleration and Types of waves, frequency, wave length and wave velocity, Diffraction and polarization of waves, Cathodes and X-rays, Radioactivity, Nuclear fusion and fission.
Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Avogadro’s Hypothesis and its applications, properties and uses of industrial gun metal, bronze brass, gun metal and steel; Electrolysis and its application; atomic mass and mole concept. Lubricants, Hard and Soft Water. Water treatment for removal of hardness. Determination of hardness.
II Engineering Sciences
Optional from any of the three, i.e. Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering)
1. Structural Analysis :
- Stresses and Strains
- Bending moment and shear force
- Bending Stresses
- Steel Truss – Simple analysis of steel trusses.
2. Design of R.C. Structure :
- Singly & Doubly Reinforced Beam
- Columns & Footings
3. Building Materials and Construction :
- Building Materials
- Building Construction
4. Irrigations Engineering :
- Flow of Water
- Flow over notches and weirs
- Flow through Open Channels
- Methods of Irrigation
- River training & Cross Drainage Works
- Canal masonary works
1. Fields and Circuits :
- Magnetic Field due to current,
- Ohm’s and Kirchhof’s Laws,
- Faraday’s Law of magnetic induction
2. Electrical Machines and Power Apparatus :
- D.C. Machines
- Induction Motor
- Synchronous Machines
- Distribution & Transmission
3. Instrumentation and Control :
- Indicating instrument, multimeter etc.
4. Electronics :
- Binary numbers, logic gates etc.
- Theory and Design of Machines
- Hydraulics and Hydraulics Machines
- Thermodynamics and H.P. Engg.
- Production and Industrial Engineering