IIM Tiruchirappalli MBA Admission Criteria 2017-2019
The PGP in Management programme at IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIM Trichy or IIM T) started from the year 2011-2012. Broadly, the following criteria will be considered at various stages of admission process for selecting candidates:
- CAT 2016 score
- Performance in personal interview (PI)
- Written Analysis Test (WAT)
- Academic record
- Relevant work experience
Also Read: All About IIM Tiruchirappalli
IIM Tiruchirappalli, also known as IIM Trichy, has a cutoff percentile of 90 for General Category candidates for admission to the 2017-2019 session. There has been no definitive change in the overall and sectional cutoff percentile at IIM Trichy in the last few years.
|Category||VARC||DI & LR||QA||Overall Percentile|
Here's a look at the criteria for MBA admissions at IIM Trichy for the PI & WAT rounds and the final selection after:
(A) Short-listing for PI & WAT
Your CAT 2016 percentile across sections will considered for creating a short-list of candidates for the interview and written test round. The following table indicates the minimum cut-off percentile you must hold in order to be shortlisted. However, the institute will decide upon the number of candidates they want to call for the next stage.
Section-wise Minimum CAT Percentile
Quantitative Ability + Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability + Logical Reasoning
In case you have been shortlisted by any of the six new IIMs as well as the older IIM institutions, IIM Trichy may obtain your PI and WAT scores directly from these IIMs. You will be informed about it if it happens, and need not appear for the PI and WAT selection round for IIM Trichy separately.
The personal interview and written analysis test will be conducted in the cities of New Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai and Kolkata. You will be sent a formal communication about the exact dates for PI & WAT if shortlisted.
(B) Criteria for final MBA admissions selection post PI & WAT
Post the PI & WAT rounds IIM Trichy will compute a composite score of all shortlisted candidates to prepare the final merit list. The parameters used for the selection and the weightage assigned to them is as follows:
- Written Analysis Test (WAT) (15 per cent weightage): You will be judged on vocabulary, writing content and writing skills.
- Personal interview (PI) (17 per cent weightage): You will be judged on the following:
- Academic efforts and disposition
- Communication, attitude and personality
- Managerial and leadership attributes
- Social awareness and disposition
- Overall presence
- Work experience, if any (5 per cent weightage): The panel will determine the relevance of your work experience to the programme and its quality and achievements.
- Academic performance at undergraduate (UG) level (10 per cent weightage): This will be calculated using the formula
UG performance score = (Percentage score at UG level) x (discipline weightage) x 0.10
Different disciplines will be given different weightages to take in account the degree of difficulty in scoring disciplines from different domains (This is because ease of scoring differs - engineering disciplines are easier to score at than arts). The weightages applied are as follows:
- Engineering / Technology: 0.6
- Science: 0.8
- Commerce / Economics / Management: 1.0
- Arts / Medicine (including Pharmacy): 0.9
- Master's degree or professional qualification (2 per cent weightage): You require a pass in your Master's degree or final examinations of CA/CS/ICWA.
- Gender diversity (1 per cent weightage): This score is added for female candidates.
- CAT score (50 per cent weightage): Your CAT 2016 score carries half the weightage of all parameters.
Admission Criteria for NRI or Overseas Candidates
- You will be considered as an overseas candidate seeking admission to the PGPM course at IIM Trichy 2017 - 2019 session if you have been living, studying or working outside India for at least the period between 01 January, 2016 and 15 February, 2017. Further, you should not have had appeared in CAT 2016. You cannot apply under this category if you were residing in Nepal of similar country with no entry restrictions to India.
- You must hold a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50 per cent marks from a recognized university or institution. The Association of Indian Universities will certify the equivalence of a foreign degree.
- The percentage of marks or conversion of grade will be calculated using the principles used by the university or institution awarding that degree.
- You must hold a GMAT score not older than two years as on 30 January, 2017.
- You will need to provide two letters of recommendation at the time of applying, from two academic referees or one academic referee and one from your workplace, whichever is applicable.
- An application fee of US$200 or equivalent amount in Indian currency must reach IIM Trichy by 30 January, 2017.
- You will be shortlisted for interview on the basis of your GMAT score, academic performance, letters of reference and relevant work experience.
- Interviews for MBA admissions to IIM Trichy will be held in March-April 2017. You will receive written communication one week in advance specifying the date and time.
- The final selection to the PGP programme will be based on your GMAT score, letters of recommendation and overall suitability for admission to the PGP.