Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi offers following system in reservation of seats for different categories:
- Internal Students- 25 % seats in all the courses are reserved for students who have passed qualifying examination from Jamia and fulfill the minimum requirement for the course and qualify for the prescribed entrance test.
- 15% seats in all the courses are reserved for schedule castes (SC) category candidates.
- 7.5 % seats in all the courses are reserved for schedule tribes (ST) category candidates.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST category will be given 5 % weightage in the aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- 3% seats in all the courses are reserved for Physically Handicapped (PH) category candidates.
- Applicants applying for any particular course must have to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the said course as prescribed by the Jamia Millia Islamia University Department.
- 15% seats in all the courses may be classified as supernumerary seats, which matter to approval by academic council of Jamia Millia Islamia from time to time. Out of these 15 % seats, 10 % seats are reserved for foreign nationals.
- Candidates seeking admission in any of the course under NRI category must have to fulfill the criteria for being NRI defined by Government of India.
- For more details and latest updates on admission guidelines for Foreign Nationals / NRIs into Jamia Millia Islamia, candidates are advised to visit JMI’s website- http://www.jmi.ac.in
Visa Requirements – Only those candidates are eligible who enters the country on Student Visa / Entry Visa or Diplomatic Visa.