NATA 2017 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
NATA 2017 will be a paper based test for Mathematics, General Aptitude Test and Drawing.
Mathematics & General Aptitude Test
- Only one option is correct and correct response will yield 2 (two) marks. There will be no negative marking, but
wrong answering will be penalized in case of tie breaking.
- Answers to both parts must be provided on same OMR sheet, which is specially designed machine readable
response sheet. Answers are to be marked using blue or black ball point pen only on the OMR answer sheet.
The candidate would have to attempt three questions in this two hour test which would judge the following skills:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and portray the same in a visually attractive manner
- Ability to visualise and draw the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on its surroundings
- Candidate's sense of perspective drawing
- Ability to combine and compose given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition
- Understanding of scale and proportions
- Drawing pencil sketches on themes from daily experiences from memory
The exam pattern for NATA 2017 is distributed into 3 subjects. They are Mathematics, General Aptitude Test and Drawing.
Distribution of Marks
Mathematics (20 Questions)
20 x 2
General Aptitude Test
40 x 2
Drawing (2 Questions)
2 x 40
"National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)," Council of Architecture, 2017, http://portal.nata.in/www13/default.aspx
"NATA 2017 Information Brochure," Council of Architecture, 2017, http://portal.nata.in/www13/Portals/0/NATA%20Docs/NATA%202013%20-%20Information%20Brochure.pdf