Goa Education Trust Scholarship 2016
The Goa Education Trust (GET) scholarship provides Indian students from Goa with an opportunity to undertake postgraduate study in any academic field in the U.K. GET scholarship has allowed many recipients of the scholarship to successfully complete studies in various subjects since its introduction in 2010. The scholarship covers part or full tuition fee for the courses. All additional costs like the cost of living are to be borne by the students themselves.
The Goa Education Trust Scholarship:
The GET scholarship is offered by two public charitable groups in Goa, namely Dempo and Fomento, and managed by the British Council in India, U.K.'s international organisation for educational and cultural relations. The number of scholarships offered varies year to year.
The scholarship is open for all academic programmes, departments and fields in the United Kingdom.
Deadline for submission of application is 15 May every year for courses beginning in September of that year.
To be eligible for a GET scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be an Indian national holding a valid Indian passport, be a resident and a domicile of the state of Goa or born to Goan parents.
- You must be residing in India at the time of application.
- You must have confirmed admission to a Master's course in the U.K. for up to one year.
- You must be 30 or below in age at the time of application.
- An excellent and consistent academic record and extracurricular achievements are essential.
Students need to submit an application form online at the British Council India website. The following documents must accompany the online application and will be sent by post:
- Birth certificate of applicant or any of applicant's parents or grandparents to establish Goan ancestry.
- Proof of ancestral property, either applicant's or applicant's parents', in Goa being utilised as family's residence or for business.
- A copy of your letter of admission from the U.K. institution.
- One academic and one professional reference letter (two recent academic references for recent graduates).
- Two hard copies of reference letters of not more than one A4 size page each.
Shortlisted candidates are invited for a personal interview before the final selection results are declared.
For further details on the scholarship and to apply, contact the British Council India.
British Council Division
British Deputy High Commission
901 Tower 1, One Indiabulls Centre
Elphinstone Road (West)
Mumbai 400 013
Email: [email protected]