Chinese Government Scholarship 2017-18
The Chinese Government Scholarships are part of the India-China Cultural Exchange Program 2017 - 2018 and are being offered to Indian students who want to pursue higher studies/ research or specialized training in 279 designated Chinese universities in the following subjects:
(a) Language & Literature
(i)Chinese Language and Literature
(b) Science (pure and applied):
(iii) Computer Science
(iv) Civil Engineering/Architecture
(vi) Communication Engineering
(c) Humanities and Social Sciences
(i) Environmental Studies
(iii) Political Science with International relations
(v) Painting and Sculpture
Also read: China - an upcoming study abroad destination
- You must be an Indian national
- You should be a high school graduate under the age of 25 to apply for an Under Graduate Program
- You should be a graduate and under the age of 35 to apply for a Post Graduate Program with an aggregated average of 60% in the major subjects
- You must have a master's degree and under the age of 40 to apply for a doctoral program and a 60% average in the UG program.
- You must be under the age of 45 and must have completed at least 2 years of a UG program to apply for the General scholar program
- You must be under the age of 50 and must be a Master's degree holder or an associate professor to apply for the Senior Scholar Program.
All candidates should have secured a 60% marks score in the subjects, which cover their area of study and should be willing to undertake a 1 year Chinese Language Study program before starting on the subjects of their choice.
Check out the details of what the Chinese Government Scholarships: http://campuschina.org/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070
Also read: Why China for higher education?
You will need to submit the following documents in 2 copies:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English);
- Notarized copy of highest degree or diploma accomplished
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English) specifically for research students;This should be a minimum of 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for graduate students.
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants for the graduate programs or the senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
- A CD of your own work applicable for fine art students
- Valid documents of your legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18);
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy), (written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org);
- The copy ofPre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university (if available);
- The copy of HSK Certificate(if available).
All documents should be bound together on top left corner
(a)Qualifications and age (as on 01.04.2017)
i) Undergraduate programs: Applicant must be a high school graduate under the age of 25
ii) Master’s programs: Applicant must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35
iii) Doctoral programs: Applicant must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40
iv) General Scholar program: Applicant must be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs
v) Senior Scholar programs: Applicant must be master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
(b) Required percentage: Candidate must be having 60 percent mark in the required qualification.
Procedure for Scholarship
- First Identify the University you want to study in and see if you match the criteria. You can choose the University from the list available on this link http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/universityen.aspx
- Then you will need to apply through the Indian portalwww.sakshat.ac.inan initiative of the HRD Ministry with the following documents on or before 31 March, 2017
- Self attested scanned copy_of the mark-sheet, certificate, degrees, diploma, qualifying examination,
- Where grades are mentioned, the candidate must upload the official explanation adopted by the University/Institution.
- Self attested copy of date of birth certificate or 10th Standard certificate which carries proof of age or other equivalent documents.
- Apply to your selected University in China for the pre-admission letter.
- You will also have to simultaneously submit your request online for the scholarship by clicking on this sitehttp://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.organd click "Application Online" to log in)
- Make sure all your application documents are submitted to the MHRD well before the deadline - 23.:59:59 hours of 31 March, 2017.
Last date for applications is 31 March, 2017 for the academic year 2017-18.
India - MHRD