All India Medical Entrance Examination
The Annamalai University conducts Medical Entrance Examination Every year for admission towards various Undergraduate Medical Courses into its Medicine department, The Rajah Muthiah Medical College and Hospital.
The University offers Under Graduate course in medicine leading to MBBS, B.P.T. Programme. The programmes are recognised by Medical Council of India (MCI).
MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery programme of Annamalai University is recognised by Medical Council of India. The duration of the course is 5 ½ years including internship.
B.P.T. – Bachelor of Physiotherapy programme of Annamalai University is 4 ½ years duration including six months internship. The course trains the students to be a professional physiotherapist.
Eligibility criteria for taking admission into M.B.B.S. – Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery programme of Annamalai University (The Rajah Muthiah Medical College and Hospital) is given below :
Age: A candidate must be of 17 years of age as on 31st December on the year of entrance examination.
Educational Qualification: Any Candidate who has passed in Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) of Tamil Nadu with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English or an equivalent examination with
1. A minimum of 60% of marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology.
2. A minimum of 60% of marks in each of the subjects of Physics and Chemistry.
3. Aggregate marks of (a) and (b) to be not less than 140 out of 200 marks in Science subjects.
For Backward Classes
The minimum in the individual subjects is same as for general category i.e. 60%. Aggregate of marks should not be less than 130 out of 200. For Most Backward Classes, the minimum marks in individual subject is 55% and the aggregate of marks should be not less than 120 out of 200.
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes category candidates are eligible to appear in the entrance test if they have secured 40% of aggregate marks in Science subjects and have passed the qualifying examination.
NRI/Foreign National with the minimum qualification as per MCI norms are eligible.
Maximum Number of Attempts
|Community||Maximum number of attempts to pass||Maximum number of improvements||Total number of appearances|
|1. Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes||Three||One*||Four|
* : The first improvement examination is the examination taken first time by a candidate, either in one subject or more subjects. after passing qualifying examination.
1. Special reservation is given to those candidates who have prove their mantle in sports.
2. Few seats are reserved for the candidates who are the children / nominees of the people who have notably contributed to the development of Muthamizh (Iyal, Isai and Nadagam)
Eligibility criteria for admission into BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) programme of Annamalai University (The Rajah Muthiah Medical College and Hospital) is given below:
Age: Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on month of December of the year of examination.
Educational Qualification: A pass in the Higher Secondary examination (10+2 course) of Tamil Nadu state board or any equivalent examination accepted by Annamalai University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany/Zoology) and English.
For exact dates click here.