UGC Announces New Framework for Undergraduate Courses, Know More Details Here
Know some of the main features released by the University Grant Commission (UGC) regarding curriculum and credit framework for undergraduate courses below.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has announced a new framework for undergraduate courses. As per the recommendations in NEP, UGC has revised the CBCS and developed Curriculum and Credit Framework for undergraduate programs.
As per the new curriculum, candidates will have the flexibility to move from one discipline of study to another and multiple entries and exit options with a UG certificate/ UG diploma/ or degree depending upon the number of credits secured.
Know the important features of the new curriculum released by the University Grant Commission below:
Some Of The Main Features Of The New Curriculum
- More focus will be given to holistic and multidisciplinary undergraduate education
- Flexible curricular structure. Multiple entry-exit allowed and re-entry options in UG certificate/ UG diploma/ or degree
- UG certificate after completing 1 year (2 semesters)
- UG Diploma after 2 years (4 semesters)
- Bachelor’s Degree after 3 years (6 semesters)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) after 4 years
- The 4th year of the degree will be mainly for research-based learning
- Inclusion of credit-based courses and projects in community engagements and services, Environmental education, and value-based education
- Students are to be provided with the opportunity for internships with local industry
- Flexibility to move from one discipline to another
- Opportunity to choose the courses of their interest
- Flexibility for students to move from one institution to another
- Flexibility to switch from one mode of learning to another (Online, Offline, Hybrid)
Although students are allowed to take breaks from their studies while they are enrolled, the maximum time allowed to complete the program/course is seven years.