GATE 2022: Scholarships

The GATE 2022 score may be used for getting financial assistance to certain postgraduate programs. These include direct doctoral programs and master’s programs in technology, engineering or architecture and other doctoral programs in certain science fields. You may be eligible for certain science doctoral degrees in institutes supported by MHRD or other government agencies.


You may be eligible for admission based on:

  • GATE score


  • GATE score
  • Admission test and interview done by relevant department


  • Academic record

If you are selected through the test/interview, the GATE score has 70 percent weightage. The test/interview and/or academic record make up the remaining 30 percent. Institutes may require certain minimum marks in the test/interview. Before you can receive a scholarship, you must gain admission to an institute. The application process for each institute may vary. Similarly, reservation of seats may vary by institute and Government of India rules.

You should not contact GATE offices for information on scholarships, seat reservation or admission. It is advisable to contact an institute directly for queries on admission and MHRD assistantships or scholarships.

Related Links


Join Our Whatsapp Community

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud