Information Technology or IT is the buzz word in industry and academia both. A career in IT is one of the preferred options among many students. If you do not have a professional degree at the graduate level, then a postgraduate degree in computer applications will surely take you a long way.
Master of Computer Applications MCA is a course which offers triple benefits, computer qualification, post graduate qualification and professional qualification. National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are the best places to study computer applications in India/ NITs offer postgraduate courses in computer application.
National Institutes of Technology (NITs) offer 3 year / 6 semester’s computer application program on the basis of Common Entrance Test ‘CET’ also termed as NIT MCA Common Entrance Test or NIMCET. This is an all India Entrance Examination open to all graduates who have completed Class 12th or equivalent qualification with Mathematics as a subject.
NIMCET is highly competitive examination as thousands of students seeking admission in NIT MCA program appear for this test. The limited number of seats and high number of aspirants makes the competition really tougher.
We have compiled a list of important tips for preparation for NIMCET 2014.
- If you are a starter obtain the syllabus first, Click Here.
- Prepare all the 4 subjects for NIMCET 2014 namely, Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English.
- Buy Books for NIMCET Entrance Examination, study related topics and solve typical questions.
- Download previous years’ question papers and sample papers.
- Join a coaching institute which specializes in NIMCET.
- Make sure that institute has expert faculty members to help you in real time preparation.
- Ask the institute if preparation notes are supplied, if not you make your own.
- Keep the formulae book and facts and figures handy and keep them revising. The ideal time for NIMCET preparation for above average students is one year prior to exam, a common guess, and criteria varies depending on individuals’ requirements.
- Revision is a must for success in Exams, and in Exams like NIMCET it decides your rank.
- Take 5 – 10 Mock Tests before actual NIMCET Exam. Get used to with the test pattern. Normally all coaching institute conducts Free Mock Test.
- If you haven’t joined a coaching obtain Mock Test Paper and attempt it under full examination condition.
- Be Honest to yourself while attempting NIMCET Mock Test.
- NIMCET awards you negative Marks for wrongly attempted questions. Do no rely on guessing, it may cost you a fortune. If you are not sure about answer of a question leave it.
These are some common tips every test taker has to keep in mind when writing a national level examination like NIMCET.
- For further discussion about NIMCET MCA Entrance Examination, Join our Q&A.
- If you are feeling stressed preparing for NIMCET 2014, then Click Here to learn some ways pf reducing stress factors during examinations.
- NIMCET 2014 Exam Dates/NIMCET 2014 Important Dates
- NIMCET 2014 Application Form
- NIMCET 2014 Online Application Procedure
- NIMCET 2014 Syllabus
- NIMCET 2014 Exam Pattern
- NIMCET 2014 Exam Centres
- NIMCET Previous Year Question Papers
- NIMCET Books – NIMCET Preparation Material
- NIMCET 2014 Solutions
- NIMCET Preparation Tips
- NICET 2014 Results
- NIMCET 2014 Score
- NIMCET 2014 Counseling Schedule
- NIMCET 2014 Colleges