Application for JIMER MBBS 2012 can ONLY be made through an Online Application Process. Completed application has to be posted with the Photograph, proof of payment with UR number (in case of transfer / deposit in bank ) / Demand draft and necessary attested copy of certificate as proof of category.
JIPMER MBBS 2012 Applications has to be submitted by ONLINE process from March 28, 2012 to April 27, 2012
, through JIPMER website(click on Online Application)
. Candidates are required to send the On-line printed form with the application number by post, duly completed along with Proof for payment/Demand Draft.
JIPMER MBBS 2012 Online Application Procedure
Go to Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) website: http://www.jipmer.edu/
. Then click on “Online Application”
link provided under the heading “Admissions”.
You will be navigated to the Online application page where you will find a “New Application” tab
on the left hand-side of the page.
Click on Signup button for New Registration
. If a candidate has already registered then he/she should enter their Mobile No, Email Id and Verification Code, which they should have already recieved through SMS and Email at the time of registration and click Sign in button
. This particular link would take the candidate to their Personal Details Form.
Step 2: Enter your valid mobile no and Email Id to continue the new application registration and click Submit button. A verification code will be sent to your mobile no and email id after the submission and it will show you a pop up window.
Step 3: A Pop Up window appears containing two sets of information:
a. A notification saying that Verification Code has been sent to candidate’s email address and the mobile number. Please login with this verification code.
b. A checklist meant to ensure that the candidate has the following details ready before proceeding to fill the application form:
- Please read the instructions document carefully.
- Demand Draft for the amount specified in the prospectus, if you choose to pay by DD. Credit card/ Debit card, Netbanking login details, in case you choose to pay online.
- Scanned images of Photograph (jpg, bmp, gif – Please keep the size less than 100KB)
Once you have read the above instruction carefully , click ok button to go to the Login Page.
Step 4: Candidates will be directed to the Login Page where they are required to enter their mobile no and Email id which they have used during the registration. Also, enter the validation code sent to your mobile no and the email id. Thereafter, click sign in button, which will navigate you to the Captcha Page.
Step 5: After the login in, type the correct Captcha code as shown in the screen. If the Captcha code is unreadable then you can have another code by clicking show another code link and submit button. Next the candidate will be directed to the page containing Personal Details form.
Step 6: Fill in all the fields in the Personal Details form including mandatory fields. Your mobile number and Email Id will be automatically set to default. Do not forget to “Agree the Declaration”. Click the check box and proceed. In Centre Choice section, you should select two different centers to write the entrance examination. Finally, click Register after completing the forms with the valid details. You will be directed to the Photo Upload & Payment Details Page.
Step 7: In this step you are required to upload your recent passport size photograph (Black & White or Coloured) which can be only upto 100 kb in size. The Photograph must be taken with the name of the candidate and date of photograph in a placard.You can upload your photo from computer by clicking Choose File button on the page. Once you click Upload button, your photo will be uploaded and displayed on the same screen.
Step 8: Final step is to make payment of the application fees and generate your Application which will be downloaded in the PDF format. There are two options available for making the Fee Payment:
a. Online Payment
If you select “online�? mode then you will be redirected to the Payment Gateway. Download your Application by clicking Generate Application Button.
b. Bank Draft
M.I.C.R. Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (For SC/ST: Rs.800/- only) issued by any Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, JIPMER�? payable at Pondicherry. You should fill the payment particulars such as Payment mode, Payment amount, DD No or Journal No, Payment Date, Bank, Branch.
Click Register after completing the forms with the valid details. It will direct you to Generate Application Page.
Points To Remember
- Reset button clears the field if you entered any wrong or invalid data.
- You must ensure that your mobile number is not registered with the Do Not Disturb Service. You must check their Email Inbox, Junk mail and Spam after registration. Refer above screen shot.
- Once you registered cannot use the same Email Id to register again. Please use new or another Email Id to Register.
- You can clear or reset the fields by clicking the Reset button (wherever applicable) if you entered some incorrect or invalid details.
- You are not allowed to select same centers twice, in the Personal Details Form.
- Your photographs must have been taken on or after January 1, 2012. Photo must be of your head and shoulder area only, with clear visibility of ear lobes. Keep a few identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of Entrance Examination, counseling and admission.
JIPMER MBBS 2012 Application Login
Candidates are required to go through the Application Instructions carefully, before signing up for Online Application to JIPMER MBBS 2012. One must go to the JIPMER MBBS link provided below and click on Online Application under the heading of “Admissions”. There are two sets of information to access:
a. Candidate can click the ‘New Application’ Tab provided on the left hand side of the page.
b. If a candidate has already registered then he/she should enter their Mobile No, Email Id and Verification Code, which they should have already received through SMS and Email at the time of registration and click Sign in button. This particular link would take the candidate to their Personal Details Form.
JIPMER MBBS 2012 Online Application Status
Candidates who have already applied online for JIPMER MBBS 2012, can view their application status by going to the JIPMER MBBS link provided below and click on Online Application under the heading of “Admissions”. Then click the ‘Know Status’ Tab provided on the left hand side of the page. Candidates will be required to fill in their Online Application Number and their Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy) in order to know their online application status. After clicking the Submit button, your application status will be displayed below the grid in a table format.
JIPMER MBBS 2012 Application Fees
- For Unreserved – UR/Other Backward Classes-OBC : Rs. 1000/-
- For Scheduled Caste-SC/Scheduled Tribe-ST : Rs. 800/-
JIPMER MBBS 2012 Admission Process
Biometric fingerprint and image capturing will be done for all candidates during the Examination. Candidates will be required to go through similar biometric verification for being permitted to the counseling if selected for the same.
A combined merit list of all the categories of candidates will be drawn on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination. Marks obtained in the Entrance Examination by the candidates will be placed in the official Website: www.jipmer.edu.in
All General candidates securing less than 50% marks, general OPH candidates less than 45% marks, Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes securing less than 40% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry , Botany and Zoology taken together in the Entrance Examination will not be considered for admission to the Institute and their names will not be included in the merit list.
A merit list will be drawn on the basis of the total marks of 200 obtained in the Entrance Examination by the candidates. There is no provision for re-checking/re-evaluat ion of answer sheets.
In the case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined as follows:
(1) Eliminating first English marks.
(2) If there is still a tie by eliminating Physics marks.
(3) If there is still a tie by eliminating Chemistry marks.
(4) If there is still a tie by eliminating Botany marks.
(5) If the tie is still not broken, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to a candidate who is junior in age.
List of candidates called for counseling or wait listed for counseling will be notified only in the Website: www.jipmer.edu.in
Candidates who make it to the merit list have to produce the original Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination and other original documents mentioned in this Prospectus such as proof of age, Transfer Certificate, Character Certificate, etc. Admission will not be finalized unless the candidates produce all the original documents and the Transfer Certificate.
Only after due verification of documents, biometric data, the provisional admission letters will be issued. Candidate found medically fit by JIPMER Medical Board and subsequently admitted to the course will be required to pay the fees in full in cash immediately.
Documents For Admission
Following are the documents required to be presented by the selected candidates at the time of joining along with attested copies:
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Age Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure along with last three years Income Tax returns of the parents.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Proof of Registration as OCI (in case of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Four Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- Original Hall Ticket issued by this Institute