Aligarh Muslim University MBA - Online Application, Exam and Courses
Aligarh Muslim University Campus; Image Courtesy: hindustantimes.com
The Department of Business Administration, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is one of the pioneers in management education in India. So far it has produced over 1,500 management professionals and entrepreneurs.
At present the department is offering full time post graduate courses viz. Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Master of International Business Management (M.B.A (IB), and Post Graduate Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance.
The department also offers part time courses viz. PG Diploma in Personnel Management and PG Diploma in Marketing Management.
The department is well equipped with computer Lab. having 20 PCs and networking with Internet connections. The seminar library of the department has more than 8000 books on all functional areas of management.
|Events||Last date for submission of application form||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|B.Sc/B.Com (Hons.)||4th week of February 2018||4th week of April 2018|
|B.Tech||3rd week of February 2018||4th week of April 2018|
|MBA/MBA (IB)/ P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance||3rd week of February 2018||1st week of May 2018|
|B.Ed.||3rd week of February 2018||1st week of May 2018|
|B.A.LL.B.||3rd week of February 2018||2nd week of May 2018|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Science Stream)||4th week of February 2018||2nd week of May 2018|
|Diploma in Engineering||4th week of February 2018||2nd week of May 2018|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Humanities & Commerce Streams)||4th week of February 2018||3rd week of May 2018|
How to submit online AMU MBA Application Form?
- After completing AMU application form take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper of not less than 80 GSM.
- Put your thumb impression, signature and paste your recent photographs at the designated place on AMU Entrance Application Form 2018.
- Attach the appropriate Demand Draft/Cash Receipt along with other relevant document(s) with the Application Form and do not fold or multilate it in any way.
- Put AMU MBA Application Form inside the A – 4 Size Envelope and paste the Postal Slip on the top after filling it properly.
- The Admission Test Fee Rs. 500/-
- Candidate must attach the original Demand Draft / Cash Receipt with his / her Application Form and also write his / her name, date of birth, course of study and Transaction ID ( if available ) on the reverse of the Demand Draft / Cash Receipt.
Eligibility Criteria (AMU MBA 2018)
The candidates who fulfill the following eligibility criteria can appear for the AMU MBA Entrance Exam 2016
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate marks.
Exam Pattern (AMU MBA 2018)
AMU MBA entrance exam 2018 is an objective type paper that comprises of 200 questions. The total marks are 200. The questions are divided into following 5 sections :
- Environmental Awareness
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning & Intelligence
- Data Interpretation
Students of Aligarh Muslim University; Image Courtesy: amu.ac.in
Syllabus (AMU MBA 2018)
- Characteristics of Indian economy
- Basic economic indicators
- Industrial, trade, fiscal, budgetary and monetary policies
- Indian banking system and its functioning
- Awareness about corporate sector
- Indian and international trade
- Economic agreements
- Changes in political
- Technological and cultural environments
- Comprehension at paragraph and sentence level
- Identification of mistakes
- Grammar and usage
- Vocabulary – word formation, synonyms, antonyms, pairing of words, analogies, sentence structure and construction, active and passive voice, prepositions, completion of sentences, etc.
- Elementary Arithmetic – percentage, ratio, proportion time and distance, relative speed, time and work, interest, stocks, shares and discount, rules of divisibility, HCF and LCM, power, exponents and roots;
- Elementary algebra – algebraic equations;
- Elementary geometry – angle, line, polygon, solids, cylinders, perimeter, volume, circles, tangent to circle, sphere, etc.; linear and quadratic equations; Basics of trigonometry and coordinate geometry.
Reasoning & Intelligence
- Verbal reasoning and verbal analogy
- Letter series
- Number series
- Coding and decoding
- Logical diagrams
- And syllogism, etc.
- Sets – Union and Intersection
- Frequency and class intervals, cumulative frequencies, and various types of graphic diagrams used in interpretation
- Basic of probability
- Permutation and combination.