Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has warmly welcomed Bihar Education Minister’s interest in studying the Delhi government’s school education system. He said that such an exchange of ideas and knowledge between governments will lead to progress for the country as a whole.
1. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal welcomes Bihar Education Minister P.K. Shahi’s interest in studying the Delhi model of school education.
2. The executive council of Delhi University has approved the syllabi for various courses under the University Grants Commission’s (UGC) 2022 framework.
3. The Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) has extended the last date for registrations for classes 9 to 12. The official notice is available on the board’s website, cgbse.nic.in.
4. The Assam government has asked schools to display photographs of teachers in classrooms.
5. The Grassroot Cricket School program has been launched in Mizoram.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said he would welcome Bihar Education Minister Chandrashekhar’s interest in studying the “successful” school education system of his government in the city, and added that the country will progress if governments learn from each other.
The Delhi government will be happy to show its schools to the Bihar education minister and his team when they visit the national capital, he said.
Chandrashekhar, the newly appointed Education Minister of Bihar, said on Wednesday that his government will send a team to Delhi and other states to study their education models. Noting that the school education system in the state needs a complete overhaul, he said that this will help them make much-needed changes.
Chandrashekhar, an RJD MLA, said that the Arvind Kejriwal government’s education model in the national capital is successful and that other states should learn from it. He said that officials will be sent to study the school education system in Delhi and other states.
In response to a news report about the Bihar education minister expressing interest in sending his team to study the Delhi model of school education, Kejriwal said in a tweet in Hindi, “Chandrashekhar Ji and his team are welcome to the Delhi government schools. We will be happy to show them government schools in Delhi.”
“If we learn from each other like this, the country will move forward. Together we have to provide the best education to all the children of the country, to make India the number-1 country in the world,” he added.