ad horizontal

Banks and Foreign Exchange in China

Chinese banks are able to accommodate all international transactions. Banks are open from Monday to Friday. It is highly recommended that international students open a bank account. It is a relatively simple process to open an account at the major banks. For this purpose you would require proof of registration, your passport and proof of accommodation while studying in Chinese.

Foreign Exchange

Traveler’s cheques and foreign currency can be exchanged at most banks. Businesses, tour operators, airlines and hotels generally accept international credit cards.

Most major credit cards and traveler’s cheques in major currencies are accepted.

Information when Purchasing Foreign Exchange in China

In case you need to convert some of your foreign exchanges into Renminbi yuan, or vice versa, one may contact their individual banking offices.

Documents needed:

  • Valid passport
  • Proof of travel arrangements
  • Identity document/temporary resident permit
  • Proof of residential address (not older than three months)

Related Links

ad horizontal